Teacher of Design Technology – QTPS Maternity Cover
Required for: May 2018 to May 2019
Hours of Work: Full Time, temporary
Closing date: 2nd March 2018
Interview Date: 9th March 2018
Are you an outstanding practitioner who is passionate about Design Technology? Can you communicate that love of your subject to our students? Do you have the ability to fully engage students through teaching and learning? Do you want to work at a school whose Behaviour for Learning Policy ensures that all students are fully ready to learn and that there is excellent behaviour in the classroom? We are looking for an enthusiastic, innovative teacher to join our established team. You would be working in a team of committed professionals who are all keen to drive forward teaching and learning. We work together collaboratively and creatively to engage and motivate students. We want someone who is able to inspire both staff and students and be part of our Lowton family.
This is an exciting opportunity and one which offers incredible fulfilment. The position would be suitable for either an NQT or a teacher with experience.
The successful candidate will be:
- An inspirational, passionate teacher.
- An excellent practitioner and have a passion for their subject.
- An inspirational teacher with experience of teaching KS3 and KS4.
- A good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Contribute towards transition, curriculum developments and understand data.
- Able to work as part of a team and have real passion and ability to form effective relationships at all levels.
- Able to motivate, inspire and enthuse students to develop.
- Willing to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the school.
- Ambitious and constantly looking to improve their own performance.
Candidates are encouraged to visit the school prior to submitting their application.
Lowton Church of England High School is a successful comprehensive school serving young people aged 11 to 16 in the Lowton, Leigh and Atherton communities. As a Church school everything we do is based on Christian values and is summed up in our mission statement caring, learning and succeeding. We are a caring school which genuinely values the importance of our students and staff. We are a school that supports our students in succeeding, both academically and in ways that reflect their own unique talents and abilities.
This is an excellent opportunity to join the Lowton family and make a major contribution to the school’s continued success.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this same commitment. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service.