At this time of year we would normally be preparing for our annual sports day at Leigh Sports Village. It would have been the first for our Year 7 and the last for our Year 10. Whilst this can’t take place as standard this year, we do not want our students to miss out on the enjoyment, competition and camaraderie of a school sports day. It is for this reason that next week we will be hosting a Virtual Sports Week!
We are preparing to join the Youth Sport Trust and Sky Sports as their annual National School Sport Week campaign is opened up to parents and families across the country from home.
Lowton Church of England High School will be taking part in the week by setting a fun daily challenge for our students to get involved with, representing their form and house along the way.
How it will work:
- Students will compete in the Houses as usual – Cedar, Elm, Oak, Willow
- Miss Hill will set a daily challenge for students to have a go at. This will be visible for all students on Show My Homework each day.
- A video with the details of the challenge will be posted on the school’s Facebook page the evening before the challenge day.
- Students will take on the challenge and let Miss Hill know their score by either the Show My Homework comment function or email.
- Student’s scores will be added together with the other students from that house. The house with the best score on Friday evening wins!
- You DO NOT need to send any photographic evidence to take part in this challenge – we know that many of you are camera shy! Due to this we are trusting you to be honest when you tell us your score.
- If you wanted to send us a photo/video you will receive DOUBLE POINTS for your house. If you do not want this to appear on the Facebook page then just mention this when sending in your video.
We would love for as many of our students to get involved with our Virtual Sports Week as possible and appreciate your support and encouragement.
So, which house do you think will win?