What is Literacy?
- Using language correctly.
- Making sure that you communicate clearly and accurately.
- Making sure that you can understand what others have to say.
There are three parts:
- Speaking & Listening
Every time that you are asked to speak, listen, read or write as a part of your learning, you are using literacy.
You use language in every lesson.
How do you use language in PE ?
How about in art ?
Every time that you write, make sure that you:
Write using correct punctuation.
Organise your work into paragraphs.
Remember to use homophones correctly.
Know your specialist subject vocabulary.
- Your teachers will highlight your mistakes and you will need to correct them.
- Don’t forget to proofread your work before you hand it in.