In our school our Christian vision shapes all we do we believe that each member of our community is called to be the ‘light of the world’ by demonstrating compassion to all those in our care. We know it is important to celebrate that we are all Children of God and that life ‘in all its fullness’ presents challenges as well as joys.
Positive emotional wellbeing includes the ability for children and young people to:
- Feel confident in themselves
- Be able to express a range of emotions appropriately
- Be able to make and maintain positive relationships with others
- Cope with the stresses of everyday life and be able to deal with change
- Learn and achieve
We support Mental Health and Wellbeing by:
- Having a policy to support mental health and wellbeing
- Teaching Students about mental wellbeing in PHSE lessons
- Promoting awareness of the importance of mental health and wellbeing in Form time and Assemblies
We offer specialist support for students by:
- Having a trained full-time staff in student support to offer individual support
- Links with CAMHS
- One day per week a Counsellor from Child Action North West is resident in school to support students.
Who should I contact in school if I have concerns?
- Your child’s form tutor is usually the best form of contact for any concerns.
- For confidential concerns you may wish to contact Student Support Managers (Miss Jordan, Miss Hindley) or Miss Clare (Designated Safeguarding Lead)