Find our TES Vacancies here
COVER & INTERVENTION SUPERVISOR
G5 – NJC points 8-14
This equates to: £13,412.43 to £15,105.04 p.a.
(April 2020 pay award pending)
Hours of Work: 30.15 hrs per week:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 8.30 am – 3.00 pm
Wednesday: 8.15 am – 3.00 pm
Contract: Term Time plus 1 INSET day
Closing Date: Friday 4th September 2020
Interviews: week commencing 14th September at the earliest
These are exciting times for Lowton Church of England High School. The school will have a new Headteacher in September 2020 when Kieran Larkin joins us from his current post as Director of Education at Star Academies. We are thrilled about this new chapter in the life of the school and believe that Kieran’s leadership experience will accelerate our improvement journey.
We are seeking to appoint a Cover and Intervention Supervisor to provide classroom supervision of students during short term teacher absence and work with vulnerable students who are in the intervention cohort.
You will be:
- A caring, compassionate, hard-working and committed individual
- Able to support young people in the classroom
- Passionate about inclusion
- Determined to help our students experience life in all its fulness, despite any challenges that they may face
- Committed to continuously improving standards and outcomes for all of our young people
- Committed to further developing your skills and knowledge
As a Cover Supervisor, you will provide initial classroom supervision in the short term/unplanned absence of a qualified teacher playing a full part in the education and well-being of our students. When not deployed in the classroom, you will work with our Intervention Cohort either on a one-to-one basis, or with small groups to ensure all students make relevant progress.
This position represents an excellent opportunity for a recent graduate looking to secure a PGCE placement at a later date, an experienced cover supervisor or a qualified teacher who doesn’t want the commitment of full PPA.
- Do you have a passion for teaching and learning?
- Are passionate about improving the life chances of our students?
- Do you have experience of supporting the learning of students in the classroom?
- Do you have exceptional classroom management skills?
- Can you motivate, inspire and enthuse students to develop?
- Are you able to embrace our strong Christian ethos?
Working with us will give you:
- An opportunity to join our school at an exciting time of our journey and work with committed staff with a ‘can do’ attitude to securing life chances for children
- An environment with a moral purpose at its heart
- Opportunities to develop extracurricular activities, if you so desire
- Term time working that may suit a work life balance
We are a vibrant and inclusive 11-16 comprehensive school with an established reputation as a welcoming and forward-thinking learning community. Being located on the Warrington/Wigan border gives us a Warrington postcode but we are part of Wigan LA. We serve the community with most students living locally in the towns of Leigh and the village of Lowton. Our student intake is broadly average in terms of prior attainment and pupil deprivation. Most students speak English as a first language.
As a Church School our Christian identify informs everything we do. We strive to demonstrate to students that each one of them is of infinite worth as a child of God and they are the ‘lights of the world’, who can make a positive difference to the school. Our admissions policy does not require students to attend Church, rather we pride ourselves on being inclusive to all. Please explore more about our ethos and values on our website.
Any successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service.