TEACHER OF SCIENCE
Required for: April 2020 (or earlier if possible)
Base: Lowton Church of England High School
Starting salary: Mainscale
Hours of work: 32 hours per week
Closing date: 27th November 2019
Interviews will take place: Friday 6th December 2019
Are you passionate about teaching Science? Can you transform the life chances of our students? We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Science Practitioner to join our experienced and successful Science Department teaching Science at both KS3 & KS4. Applications are welcome from both newly qualified and experienced teachers.
The successful candidate will be:
1. An excellent practitioner and have a passion for their subject.
2. An inspirational teacher with experience of teaching at KS3 and KS4.
3. A good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
4. Able to work as part of a team and have real passion and ability to form effective relationships at all levels.
5. Able to motivate, inspire and enthuse students to develop.
6. Ambitious and constantly looking to improve their own performance.
Application forms are available on the school’s website. For further details please contact the Headteacher’s PA, Mrs K Green at the school or visit our website: www.lowtonhs.wigan.sch.uk. Applicants are welcome from both newly qualified and experienced teachers.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this same commitment. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure check by the Disclosure Bureau Service.