Senior Pastoral Lead
Application Deadline: 1pm Monday 3rd February 2020/Interview Date: Friday, 7th February 2020
Required as soon as possible
G9 (NJC2020 Pt 29-31 Pro Rata) This equates to £27,586 to £31,760
37 hrs per week, Term Time plus 2 weeks (1 INSET day in September).
Here at Lowton CofE High School, we consider ourselves to be one big family. We are proud of our growing student numbers and popularity within the local community. Situated just off the A580 between Manchester and Liverpool, we are easily accessed from all surrounding areas.
We are looking to appoint a strong leader to the position of Pastoral Lead.
We are looking for:
- An ex-teacher, social worker or experienced pastoral leader looking for work within a school environment.
- Someone who thrives in a busy working environment and can be reactive to the needs of students.
- Someone with a strong desire to make a difference to the lives of vulnerable young people.
- Someone able to fully support Teachers in ensuring that students are ready to learn.
- Someone with the ability to write comprehensive reports to a good standard of English, extract, analyse data, and write strategic development plans.
- Someone who is comfortable presenting to Senior Leadership Team and Governors.
- Someone who will embrace our strong Christian Ethos.
If this sounds like you we can offer you:
- The opportunity to shape this brand new role into your own vision, in order to be successful.
- Term-time hours.
- To become a part of a small, friendly school which is an integral part of the local community.
- The opportunity to really make a difference to the lives of our students.
- Well behaved committed students, “The strong Christian ethos of the school promotes respectful relationships between pupils and staff. Pupils behave and attend well”. Ofsted June 2019.
For application forms and further details please contact the Headteacher’s PA, Mrs Kay Green at the school
Candidates are encouraged to visit the school prior to submitting their application.
Lowton Church of England High School is a successful comprehensive school serving young people aged 11 to 16 in the Lowton, Leigh and Atherton communities. As a Church school everything we do is based on Christian values and is summed up in our mission statement caring, learning and succeeding. We are a caring school which genuinely values the importance of our students and staff. We are a school that supports our students in succeeding, both academically and in ways that reflect their own unique talents and abilities.
This is an excellent opportunity to join the Lowton family and make a major contribution to the school’s continued success.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this same commitment.
Any successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
When completing section D of the application form, please remember to include qualifications obtained from secondary school onwards.