A Guide To Xello
Careers Bulletin - All the new 2022/23 College Open Events here:
Wigan Council Careers Advice and Guidance
Support for ages 13-19
If you're a young person aged 13-19, you have the legal right to access independent and impartial information and advice to help you make informed and realistic decisions about your future career.
Speak to your high school or college so they can direct you to the right person for guidance.
Support for ages 16-19
Aspiring Futures is the employment and skills service for young people aged 16-18 (and up to 25 for those with learning difficulties and disabilities) in Wigan borough, who are not in employment, education or training, helping them to decide on their future and find opportunities.
A team of progression advisers provide independent and impartial advice and support to young people including:
- Careers advice and guidance
- Support with job searching and applications to apprenticeship and traineeships
- Job applications, CVs and interview preparation
- Access to work experience and placement opportunities
- Help with referrals to specialist services, agencies and training as appropriate.
- Greater Manchester Apprenticeships and Careers Service
Greater Manchester offer a unique careers and apprenticeship service for young people aged 11-30 in Greater Manchester. This includes useful tools and options to help you plan for your apprenticeship or career, local events and access to workplace encounters online.
National Careers Service
You can access support to help you explore your career options. Qualified career advisers offer telephone appointments tailored to suit your personal circumstances and can cover the following:
- Securing employment
- Upskilling and training
- CV writing and interview techniques
- Returning to work after a break
- Flexible working for parents
- Graduate opportunities
- IT, Maths and English skills
To get support visit the National Careers Service website (external link) or call 0161 393 6473. If you require further information about available services or would like to make an appointment to speak to a progression adviser, please contact the learning and employment team.
Careers in the Spotlight